- 1)Why do we do three high pass trek with Everest basecamp trek ?
When you think Nepal, you will definitely think of world’s highest mountain of the world. Trekking to everest basecamp is one of the most popular and adventures trip in the world.Every year thousands of trekkers come to see Mount Everest and to get to basecamp of Mount Everest which is life time experience trip.Once in your life time,one should visit Everest basecamp and see th Mount Everest.
More than that this trek is one of the worlds highest pass treks. All passes are above 5000 Mtr. Those who are physically fit can do easily, The views from all these passes are amazing.
- 2)What is the best seasons to do three high pass trek ?
In Nepal, there are four different seasons such as Spring, Summer, Autumn and winter. Spring and Autumn are most popular for trekking in Nepal.But the best season of your travel might be differ as per your purpose and your suitable time for travelling in Nepal. You can read more about the most favorable seasons in our link below http://www.khumbualpinetravel.com/nepal-travel-guide.html
- 3)What permit do I need for the Everest basecamp trek?
For trekking in the Everest Region, you need the following permits:
Local Governments Entry fee instead of TIMS ( Trekking information management system):The local government is charging Rs 2000 per person in Lukla in the entrance of Everest Basecamp Trek.
Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit: To entry in the Sagarmatha National Park,One has to obtain the permit which cost Rs 3000+ government tax per head. the park that is home to the Mount Everest Region, you need to obtain an entry permit.
- 4)How safe is three high pass trek in Everest region?
- Safety is our first concern. As we provide the experienced guides and leaders for the particular trip who are well trained about the high altitude sickness, first aid ,friendly attitude and ability to provide useful and important instructions. All our itineraries are designed with proper acclimatization days in order to reduce the risk of altitude sickness. In every group we provide the first aid kit bag incase of any injury and emergency.
- 5)How is the lodging and fooding facilities in EBC trek?
Along the trail to three pass trek , there are well facilited lodges are available with various types of foods. We provide you three meals a day with your own choice. We always provide the seasonal fruits as well. We always book in lodges with well management and facilities. Rooms are very nice and attached toilet until Dingboche. if you buy single supplementory package you will get single room.
- 6)What about the flight from Kathmandu-Lukla and vice versa?
Just about 25 minutes flight from Kathmandu takes us to Tenzing Hillary airstrip in Lukla but the due to some circumstances, these days the flight to Lukla are operated from Ramechap, which is 4 hours drive from Kathmandu and 15 min by flight to lukla. There are options to fly by helicopter directly from Kathmandu to Lukla as well, which is bit expensive than regular flight. Sometimes the weather doesn’t permits for the regular flight, then we should be compulsion to hire the helicopter.The airlines companies has operated the first flight to Lukla directly from Kathmandu, so if you book your trip with us prior to 3 months , we can book the seat for direct flight.
- 7)Is there any internet wifi facility on the way?
After your arrival in Kathmandu airport, we recommand to buy One ncell sim card. In Thame valley towards our first pass among three pass, there is neither phone service nor Internet, Only after the Renjo pass you will get good internet facilities.There are varieties of data cards as 10 GB, 20 GB. If you purchased bigger one it works all over the khumbu and if you purchase 20 GB one it it enough for your whole trek and you can enjoy in social media, news and connect with your family friends and loved one.
- 8)Can I use the forieng currency and Credit cards on the way in any shop or Lodge?
You can pay by oriegn currency as well, but the exchange rate will not be same as Kathmand, so we recommand you to exchage the money in kathmandu and take a nepalese Rupees.Except in Thame valley, mostly lodges along the way to three high pass trek they accept the credit cards but sometime due to internet problem it will not be 100% guarantee
- 9)What is the normal tempreture in spring and Autumn season?
Spring season starts from March, but until third week of march tempreture will still be cold even in day time. But actually tempreture depends on weather, if weatheris mild tempreture ranges from 10-15 Degree Centigrate.If the weather is clear, days will be warm.After the April it will be warm with sunny weather. Especially in Morning and Evening time will be little cold.
Autumn season starts from September, September will still be warm even the weather is not good. From october normally in morning and everning will be cold.
- How hard is three high pass trek?
All high passes are above 5000 Mtr, so after properly acclimatized anyone can do easily the high passes trek, Technically chola pass is little difficult rest two are very normal.